Experience and Recognition
- Recognized by Super Lawyers® as a “Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Washington, DC”
- Honored with inclusion on the Super Lawyers® list every year since 2014.
- Selected for the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list in 2013.
- Selected as one of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial lawyers for Washington DC in 2019. This distinction is an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state or region who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense trial lawyers.
- Past member of the DC Bar Tort Law Section Steering Committee (elected for a three year term, 2013-2016)
- American Association for Justice: State Delegate from Virginia (selected 2019)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association: Governor at Large (2017-present)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association: Past Chair of Women’s Caucus
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association: Past Chair of Diversity Caucus
- District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association: Past Chair of the Women’s Caucus
Speaking Engagements and Seminars
- Organized and Moderated the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Wrongful Death Retreat; October 2018
- Presenter for Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Young Lawyers Boot Camp; February 2019
- Moderated the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Judges Panel at the Annual Convention at the Homestead Resort; March 29, 2019
- Speaker at the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Advanced Auto Retreat; July 12, 2019
- Speaker at the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Advocacy Seminar; October 22, 2019
Amy lives in Fairfax County with her family. She is an active volunteer at her son’s school. She is passionate about working to promote literacy and support education programs for children.
- 2012 Co-Chair of Holiday Shops, the Junior League of Washington’s largest fundraiser, supporting its mission to promote literacy programs in Washington DC.
- Past board member for After School All Stars, supporting after school programs in Washington DC public schools.
- Past board member for the Trust for the National Mall’s L’Enfant Society.
- Organized multiple book drives to benefit Virginia early childhood education centers.
- Participates in Women’s Justice Day with the American Association for Justice to lobby at Congress on consumer protection legislation.
- Participates in Justice Day with the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association to advocate for legislation to promote safety in Virginia communities.
$10 Million Settlement
Over $10 million in a products liability case against a car manufacturer.
$10 Million Settlement
Over $10 million in a premises liability action for an injured child.
$7.5 Million Settlement
A $7.5 million for paraplegia injuries in a premises liability action.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D. – 2003
- University of Colorado, B.A. – 2000
Professional Associations & Memberships
Virginia and Washington D.C. Injury Lawyer
Amy Griggs has been representing families in medical malpractice and catastrophic personal injury cases since 2007. Amy’s priority is to help families through the legal process with compassion and understanding. When a family is in need of a personal injury lawyer, it’s a stressful and complicated time. Amy helps families understand the process of litigation, from what they can expect during the investigation and work-up of a case through the litigation process toward trial or mediation. Amy creates a true partnership with her clients, allowing them to stay involved, feel prepared, and to know what to expect at each phase of litigation.
Litigation is stressful and the choice of a lawyer is important. Amy understands that choice and is available to speak about how her practice works to minimize the stress of litigation for the client while guiding the client through the legal system toward the best recovery possible.
Before joining our law firm over twelve years ago, Amy was a medical malpractice defense lawyer. Her experience representing doctors and hospitals in medical malpractice cases gives her insight into the obstacles injury victims face. Amy develops careful, personalized legal strategies for clients to help them get fair compensation to enable them to get their lives back on track, Amy’s approach to each case is to get to know the client and their family’s need to fully understand the injuries and losses, and effectively communicate and present those injuries in court.
Amy also has significant experience teaming with other lawyers on a referral basis to assist during discovery, mediation and at trial and to bring her expertise and knowledge to achieve resolution of referral cases.
If you believe Amy Griggs would be a good fit for your case, please contact her at 202-349-2804.