Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in DC, Maryland or Virginia?
Our Law Firm Offers Free Consultations and Contingency Fee Arrangements to Find Out
An injury caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless actions can easily throw your life into chaos and confusion. You may find yourself facing mounting medical bills for extensive treatment, as well as ongoing pain and lost wages during your period of recovery. However, if negligence on the part of another individual or company caused your injuries or a loved one’s wrongful death, then you may be entitled to compensation to cover these costs. A personal injury lawyer can help you stand up for your rights and file a claim after any kind of accident. Having legal counsel on your side allows you to concentrate on your health with the confidence that your attorney is protecting your best interests.
At Regan Zambri Long PLLC, our legal team is committed to providing top-notch legal services to individuals who are dealing with the pain and stress of an injury. In the past, our Washington DC personal injury lawyers have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Backed by more than 100 years of combined experience, we have an established reputation for pursuing legal excellence. As our client, you can enjoy peace of mind in knowing that we are protecting your rights from start to finish. We will do everything in our power to secure the maximum compensation you need to pay for injury-related expenses, such as medical care, physical therapy and lost income.
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
After an accident, injury victims can usually file a claim to recover compensation for their injury-related expenses. Often, as is the case with vehicle accidents and medical injuries, an insurance company will be responsible for paying these damages. In some cases, a large corporation, such as a pharmaceutical company or product manufacturer will be liable. A city or government agency may even be responsible for your accident.
However, in any situation, injury victims frequently find it difficult to obtain a fair settlement. Insurance companies and/or corporations try to minimize the amount they must pay by downplaying the financial impact of your injury and trying to shift the blame. If you are recovering from a serious injury or a loved one’s wrongful death, then it can be tough to defend your rights on your own, especially in complex cases.
A personal injury lawyer can fight these legal battles on your behalf. Even a seemingly simple car insurance claim can be difficult without qualified legal assistance. If complicated laws and regulations apply to your claim, or you sustained a catastrophic injury, then a lawyer is a necessity. At Regan Zambri Long PLLC, our attorneys have experience with a wide range of personal injury practice areas, including:
- Birth injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Injuries caused by police misconduct
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Vehicle accidents
- Workers compensation
- Wrongful death
We have a reputation for providing comprehensive, aggressive representation for victims of the most serious types of accidents. Claims for injuries from Metro accidents, dangerous products and medical negligence require extensive investigation and knowledge of the industries involved. Our Washington DC law firm has the resources and experience necessary to seek full and fair compensation for the most complex, life-changing injuries.
What Are the Elements of a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Every accident is different, but all personal injury claims have the same basic elements in common. These elements are the essential legal requirements for a lawsuit. The basic requirements for any personal injury lawsuit are:
- A duty of care. Generally, you and your attorney must establish that the at-fault party owed you a duty of reasonable care. For example, all motorists have a duty to drive safely, following the speed limit and other traffic laws.
- Breach of the duty of care. There are many ways to establish negligence, depending on the circumstances of your case. For example, a doctor may fail to follow the medical standard of care or a motorist can violate a traffic law, causing an accident.
- Direct link between this negligence and the accident or injury. The negligent party is usually only liable for your injuries and other damages if the breach of the duty of care directly caused your accident. Sometimes, multiple parties may contribute to a single accident. If so, then you can collect compensation from multiple sources.
- Actual damages. The purpose of civil lawsuits is to compensate victims for the financial cost of personal injuries caused by someone else. This may include medical bills as well as lost wages and more. In many cases, you may also be able to recover additional compensation for unquantifiable damages. These may include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and/or loss of companionship or consortium.
In rare cases, the party responsible for your personal injuries may be strictly liable. This means that your lawyer does not need to establish neglect of the duty of care. However, this typically only applies to cases involving defective products and “abnormally dangerous activities”.
Questions? Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer from Our Law Firm Today
If someone else’s negligence caused your severe injuries or loved one’s wrongful death, then contact the attorneys at Regan Zambri Long PLLC. Our team is here to provide the information you need to make well-informed decisions. We can guide you through the entire claims process and stay by your side so you never become overwhelmed.
In an effort to better meet the time-sensitive needs of our clients, we make ourselves readily available during all hours. We represent clients in Washington DC as well as Maryland and Virginia. We are here to help you through this difficult time in your life. Call (202) 753-4272 or contact us online today for a free initial consultation.