Retain Legal Services From Our Washington DC Medical Malpractice Attorney
Many Americans rely on doctors to correctly diagnose their medical condition and administer the proper treatment. Unfortunately, errors occur often. So when doctors fail to accurately determine a patient’s condition, this can result in an unchecked progression of the legitimate illness, which leads to severe injuries or even death.
The following are three factors to prove misdiagnosis occurred:
- Doctor-patient relationship existed
- Doctor was negligent
- Doctor’s negligence directly caused injury to patient
If you or a loved one were a victim of improper misdiagnosis, it’s imperative to seek representation from our skilled and experienced legal team. At Regan Zambri Long PLLC, our Washington DC medical malpractice attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation into your case by gathering the necessary evidence and working with experts in order to establish if a health care provider’s misdiagnosis caused your injuries.
Common Types of Misdiagnosis
Although any condition has the potential to be misdiagnosed by a negligent doctor, some conditions are often misdiagnosed more commonly than others. Around 12 million people in the United States are misdiagnosed in outpatient clinics annually.
The most common conditions that are misdiagnosed include:
- Cancer misdiagnosis – Based on a Harvard study of medical malpractice cases, cancer is the most frequently misdiagnosed condition in the United States. The main cause of cancer misdiagnosis is the lack of proper screening procedures.
- Infection – While failure to accurately diagnose infections is the second most common misdiagnosed condition, hospital errors can also lead to infections in patients.
- Heart attack – It is often associated with ambiguous symptoms which a doctor can easily misdiagnose, such as nausea and general discomfort.
- Clogged arteries – Coronary artery disease and atherosclerosis can lead to more significant diseases, causing even more harm and injuries to patients.
Protecting Your Rights
Regan Zambri Long PLLC is ready to pursue the compensation and justice you deserve. We are confident in our abilities to recover your deserved compensation by assisting our clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing in attorney fees unless we win.
Do not hesitate to contact our firm today to schedule a complimentary consultation.