Let Our Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorneys Help You
Doctors prescribe medication to patients in order to heal and relieve symptoms derived from injury or illness. When a medication error occurs, it can result in further medical treatment and injury, as well as death.
If you have experienced a medication error and sustained further injury or illness, Regan Zambri Long PLLC stands at the ready. We help you pursue the compensation and justice you deserve. Our Washington DC medical malpractice attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience. Our extensive knowledge of personal injury laws to can help navigate you through the intricacies of the legal system.
Call a medical malpractice lawyer at Regan Zambri Long for a free, confidential case review
Regan Zambri Long’s trusted team of medication errors lawyers in Washington DC is ready to help you plan the best path forward during a free, no-obligation consultation. Get your questions answered and see what you can do about the medication error that caused harm or even the death of a loved one. There is never a fee for our services unless we win you compensation.
Our Recent Settlements
A $975,000 settlement in a product liability case resulting from a defectively designed bunk bed which caused the death of an infant.Read More
A $1.4 Million judgment entered for the widow of a police officer who was killed in the line of duty while assisting in a traffic accident.Read More
A settlement of $2.45 Million in a Maryland malpractice action for severe injuries suffered by a 69 year old patient during routine heart surgery.Read More
Common causes of medication errors include:
- Prescribing a patient the wrong medication
- Giving a patient the wrong dosage
- Failing to take a patient’s medical history into account
- Failing to provide warning about the risks associated with the medication
- Mixed various types of prescription drugs
Our DC Medication Errors Attorneys Are Here to Help
Call (202) 463-3030 to Get Started Today
At Regan Zambri Long PLLC, we can investigate your claim and collect critical evidence. We develop an effective and personalized legal strategy to obtain the most favorable outcome possible. Let us fight tirelessly for you while you make a successful recovery from injury or illness.
Contact us and request a free consultation immediately.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Top Medical Malpractice Attorney
Our Washington DC personal injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Backed by more than 100 years of combined experience, our firm has an established reputation for pursuing legal excellence. As our client, you will enjoy peace of mind in knowing that your rights will be protected from start to finish. We will do everything in our power to secure the maximum compensation you need to pay for injury-related expenses, such as medical care and lost income, as well as full compensation for all of the physical and emotional consequences of your injuries.
How can our medical malpractice lawyers in Washington DC help you?
We can help you pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to and win justice for the losses you’ve experienced. We will help you prove the medical negligence or carelessness that caused you harm, helping you get on the road to recovery during this difficult time.
Meet with a top medical malpractice lawyer in DC at Regan Zambri Long in a free, no-obligation consultation to get your questions answered about your medication error case. During your consultation, we will review the details of your case and begin building an effective legal strategy to help you get the best possible outcome Military families devote their lives to our country. They deserve quality medical care whether stationed at home or abroad. Unfortunately, they often do not receive appropriate medical care, leading to serious injury or death.
Regan Zambri Long’s Guarantee To You
- We are here for you every step of the way.
- We have decades of experience and success in medical malpractice cases.
- We’ve recovered millions of dollars for medical malpractice victims in Washington DC and the surrounding areas.
- You don’t pay until we win justice on your behalf.
Damages to Claim in Medication Errors Cases
Medication errors that are caused by a doctor or medical professional’s negligence should be brought to a Washington DC, Virginia, or Maryland court. All damages that the negligence caused can be claimed in your case, and we will help you get the most compensation possible for your losses.
Common damages to claim in medication error cases include:
- Current and future medical expenses – Covering treatment, surgery, equipment, and other related medical bills.
- Lost wages and future wages – Reimbursement for income that is missed due to injury, plus earning potential that will be missed due to future treatment and ongoing injury.
- Noneconomic damages – Emotional damages, such as pain, suffering, emotional distress, physical disability, and more.
- Wrongful death – When a loved one has died from a medication error, the family can bring forth a wrongful death lawsuit when it was due to negligence.
Frequently Asked Questions in a Medication Error Malpractice Case
If you believe your injury was caused by an error in medication, you may be entitled to compensation. But proving your injury was the result of negligence can be difficult to do without a lawyer by your side. Here are some frequently asked questions around medication error medical malpractice cases.
Q: How do I know if my medication error is a medical malpractice case?
A: Not all medication errors amount to medical malpractice, but when they do, you can file a lawsuit. If you are unsure whether a medication error is a medical malpractice case, it’s important to know that all of the following must be proven for malpractice to occur:
● The victim is a patient of the doctor or medical professional
● The doctor medical professional acted negligently or wrongfully
● The negligent or wrongful act caused the injury or death
● The injury or death led to actual damages
Q: Who can be held liable for medication errors?
A: When determining who is at fault for your injury, remember doctors are not the only ones who are responsible for errors in medication. A variety of medical professionals can dole out prescriptions and treatment plans. There are also a few places these errors can occur, from hospitals and urgent care centers to clinics, pharmacies, and more. Those who can be held liable for medication errors include, but are not limited to:
– Emergency room personnel
– Physician’s assistants
– Pharmaceutical and drug manufacturers
Q: How can I prevent myself or my family member from being a victim of medication errors?
A: While you may not have the medical background needed to understand the intricacies of medications, there are some tips to avoid injuries from medication errors. The biggest defense you have is knowledge. Ask your healthcare provider questions you have regarding your specific case, including things like:
– What is the dosage and how long should I take it?
– What happens if I miss a dose or, conversely, take too much?
– Should I avoid anything while taking this medicine?
– What are the side effects & what should I do if they happen?
It’s also important you are honest and thorough with your practitioner about all other medications you are taking, any allergies you have, and any other pertinent information about your health history.
Q: How do I know if I have a medication error medical malpractice case?
A: If you have experienced an injury due to a medication error, you may have a case. You will need help determining who is at fault. Depending on your case, the liable parties could range from the medical practitioner who gave you the medication or prescription to the drug manufacturer who produced and labeled the medication.
An experienced Washington D.C. medical malpractice lawyer can walk you through what you will need to prove your specific case involving medication errors. This list generally includes, but is not limited to:
• Medical records & medical history as needed to prove previous allergies or complications
• Documentation of what medicines you were prescribed, including any dosages, side effects, or other paperwork your medical practitioner provided
• Results of any scans or procedures you received to diagnose your injury or treatment, both before and after your medication was given
Q: How long will it take to win my medical malpractice case?
A: Each case is different, and many factors can impact the timeline it takes for your case to go from filing to settlement. These factors include considerations like jurisdiction, statute of limitations, the details of the medication error, and more. Realistically, due to the level of detail required to prove medical malpractice in these cases, it could take years from start to finish for your case to be resolved. An expert medication error medical malpractice lawyer at Regan Zambri Long will be with you every step of the way, regardless of how long it takes.
Q: Why should I hire a lawyer for my case?
A: Even if you feel like your injury was due to a medical practitioner or drug manufacturer’s negligence, you have to prove it in order to win a settlement. That is a process that takes time, care, and a lawyer with decades of legal expertise. Once you provide your lawyer with the basic facts and details of your experience, they will start building your case. This includes any necessary interviews and the research needed to build your case.
Hiring a medical malpractice lawyer at Regan Zambri Long means you don’t just receive the best legal representation – it also means your case will be strengthened by our network of medical experts who can offer their professional opinion on if you or your loved one suffered from faulty medication prescription, dosages, etc. Proving this negligence is the most critical piece to proving you are owed compensation.
Q: When looking for a medical malpractice lawyer in DC, what should I be looking for?
A: Medical malpractice cases are already complicated, adding in drug manufacturers as potential liable parties and you could be against large corporate legal teams. Your best chance at getting the justice and compensation you deserve is to have an expert medication error lawyer by your side. When looking for the right lawyer for your medical malpractice case, make sure your lawyer:
– Has experience in not just medical malpractice, but in medication error cases specifically.
– Has a winning record.
– Works on a contingent fee. This means your lawyer doesn’t collect a fee until they win you a settlement. This will ensure fighting your case doesn’t add to any current financial strain already incurred due to your pain and suffering and injuries.