The board-certified Maryland personal injury lawyers at Regan Zambri Long have over 100 years of combined experience and have earned a reputation as leaders in personal injury law.
When someone else’s negligent or reckless actions in Maryland injure you or a family member, you may be entitled to compensation. Victims can be compensated for medical bills and expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. The skilled Maryland personal injury lawyers at Regan Zambri Long provide free, no obligation legal assessments of your accident. If you would like us to assess your case, answer your questions, and discuss your legal options, contact us using our online form or call us at (202) 960-4596 for a free, no obligation consultation.
How do I know if I need an attorney to handle my injury case?
1. If the accident caused serious injury to you or a loved one, or caused the death of a family member, you will need an attorney to handle your case. If you or your family member needed medical attention at a hospital in Baltimore or other Maryland city, an attorney may be able to help you get the money you need for lost wages, physical therapy, medical care, or even home renovations to accommodate your injuries. Many injuries caused by personal injury incidents require expensive long-term care. A Maryland injury lawyer can determine what your injuries are worth and explain how to pursue compensation in court. If your loved one died because of an accident or incident, the personal injury attorneys at Regan Zambri Long can explain your legal choices and how to pursue your claim.
2. If you are missing work and not getting paid, you need an attorney to help you pursue compensation. When you are injured because of a personal injury accident, you may not be able to work, or you may not be able to work as much as you did before the accident. This incapacity to work may be temporary while you recover from your injuries, or it may be a permanent disability that changes your employment prospects forever. Either way, you could have the right to compensation from the at-fault party or their insurance company for your lost wages, future lost wages, vacation or sick days, employee benefit contributions, missed promotions, and more. The experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys at Regan Zambri Long can help you understand your rights.
3. If the at-fault person doesn’t have insurance, an attorney can help you recover for your losses. If the at-fault party is underinsured (meaning they do not have sufficient coverage to compensate you) or completely uninsured, it can be hard to receive money for your injuries and losses. Our Maryland injury lawyers have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies and at-fault parties. Call us today at (202) 960-4596 or contact us using our online form to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.
4. If your insurance company, or the at-fault party’s insurance company, is giving you “the run around,” an experienced lawyer can handle discussions to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. If your insurance company, or the at-fault party’s insurance company, is giving you a hard time or has offered you a settlement amount too low to cover your expenses for medical services, your lost wages, and other losses, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to speak directly with the insurance companies and negotiate for you. The skilled lawyers at Regan Zambri Long collectively have over 100 years of experience helping victims obtain the money they deserve from insurance companies.
Why should I contact a Maryland accident attorney?
When someone else seriously injures you or a loved one in Baltimore, Columbia, or another Maryland city, you may be able to receive money for your damages and injuries. While money is no replacement for the losses that a serious injury can cause, it allows victims to move forward with their lives in the best way possible given the circumstances. Because getting the money you deserve can be a complex process, the skilled team of Maryland personal injury lawyers of Regan Zambri Long are here to help you every step of the way. We work zealously to recover millions of dollars for our clients, obtaining some of the largest settlements and verdicts in Maryland history.
What kinds of cases do the Maryland personal injury attorneys of Regan Zambri Long handle?
The knowledgeable attorneys of Regan Zambri Long handle all types of personal injury matters in Germantown, Silver Spring, Waldorf, and other Maryland cities. The cases our lawyers handle include car accidents along I-95, Route 40, and Indian Head Highway – which is Maryland’s most dangerous highway. We also advocate for victims of medical and legal malpractice, nursing home neglect, unsafe medical devices, and misdiagnosis/late diagnosis, among others. If you suffered an injury from an accident or if a loved one died as a result of the negligence or reckless action of someone else, the Maryland injury lawyers of Regan Zambri Long have the knowledge and skill to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Why should I choose Regan Zambri Long as my Maryland personal injury attorneys?
The accomplished lawyers of Regan Zambri Long have over 100 years of collective experience representing victims of personal injury accidents. We are respected throughout Maryland by judges, lawyers, hospitals, doctors’ offices, and insurance companies for our ethical representation of clients. Our skilled attorneys are able to help victims throughout Maryland, including in Ellicott City, Frederick, and Rockville, receive the compensation they deserve to cover medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What makes Regan Zambri Long different from other Maryland accident attorneys?
The lawyers of Regan Zambri Long are passionate about helping victims and their families put their lives back together and move forward in the best way possible. We have received many awards and much recognition for our extensive personal injury negotiation and trial experience. Based upon decades of handling cases involving all kinds of personal injury accidents and injuries, including car and truck accidents, birth injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and slip and fall cases, our attorneys have been named as some of the best lawyers in the country. For example, Regan Zambri Long attorneys have received the following accolades, just to name a few:
- Listed in Best Lawyers for Baltimore for over 10 years
- 2020 Trial Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers
- “Best Lawyers in America” by Best Lawyers and the National Law Journal
- 2021 Best Lawyer by Best Lawyers
- Top 10% Super Lawyers (out of 80,000 lawyers)
- AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Board certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, a certification that less than 1% of lawyers have obtained
- Board-certified as a “Senior Specialist” in Civil Pretrial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
How can I afford the Maryland injury lawyers at Regan Zambri Long?
When you or a loved one is suffering because of an accident, you may have mounting medical bills and lost wages caused by your inability to work while you recuperate. Because of these challenges, we understand how difficult it is to carry on with normal life, both emotionally and financially, after an accident. That’s why the attorneys at Regan Zambri Long work for clients on a contingency fee basis. This means that once we take on your case, no attorney fees are charged to you until we recover funds in settlement or at trial on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to hire a Maryland personal injury attorney?
Yes, particularly if you have serious injuries or large medical bills.
To receive money from the at-fault person, you must prove he or she caused your injuries by negligent or reckless actions. A Maryland accident attorney can work to collect evidence of negligence or recklessness to show the at-fault person caused your injuries, negotiate to obtain compensation for your losses, and advocate for safety changes so that others do not suffer the same type of injuries in the future. Your personal injury lawyer will also talk directly with insurance companies, witnesses, other lawyers, and judges so you can focus on getting back to normal life.
Because of the three-year time frame within which you must file a personal injury case in court, it is very important to discuss your case with a Maryland personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you hire a Maryland lawyer experienced in handling personal injury cases, the more effectively your case can be resolved. The skilled lawyers at Regan Zambri Long are ready to help.
2. What is a personal injury case?
When a person acts recklessly or carelessly and injures you or a loved one, you may have the right to receive money for your injuries from the person that harmed you. Liability is not always straight-forward, however, and an experienced Maryland personal injury lawyer at Regan Zambri Long can answer your questions and help you determine whether to pursue a personal injury case against the at-fault person or his insurance company.
3. How long do I have to start a personal injury case?
For most personal injury cases in Maryland, you must file your case in court within three years from the date of the accident. This period of time is called the statute of limitations. If you delay more than three years to pursue your case, you will not be able to file a case in court and the at-fault party and their insurance company will no longer be required to pay you for your losses. You need to discuss your case with our personal injury attorneys as soon as possible.
4. What can I expect after I hire an attorney?
Typically, your attorney will investigate the accident that caused your injury and gather as much information as possible. Your legal team will review accident reports and medical documents, and interview witnesses to the accident. Your Maryland personal injury attorney will also conduct a financial analysis. If the at-fault party has insurance, such as in a car accident, your attorney may contact the insurance company to seek an offer of settlement. If a settlement offer is made, your attorney will review the offer with you so you can decide whether to accept it or not. If you do not accept the settlement offer, your attorney will continue to negotiate with the insurance company or will pursue your case in court by filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party and the insurance company.
5. What can I expect if I pursue my case in a lawsuit in court?
A lawsuit begins by filing a document called a complaint that outlines what happened to the victim and how the at-fault party caused the injuries. The complaint refers to the at-fault party as the defendant and refers to you, the injured party, as the plaintiff. In response to the complaint, the defendant submits a document called an answer. Then the “discovery” process begins, where both plaintiff and defendant – called the parties – exchange documents and information that will become evidence at trial. The plaintiff and defendant, as well as witnesses to the accident, will be interviewed by the lawyers. In addition, an expert witness may provide information based upon his specialized knowledge about what he believes caused the injuries. Many personal injury cases result in a settlement agreement rather than a verdict at trial. Settlement is possible at any point before, during, or even after trial. If settlement is not reached, both sides prepare for and participate in a trial.
Call (202)960-4596 for a free consultation today with a Maryland personal injury attorney.
If you have suffered a personal injury in Baltimore or anywhere in Maryland, the experienced accident attorneys of Regan Zambri Long can help you understand your legal rights and if your circumstances are likely to result in compensation for your losses. If you have questions about whether you are entitled to compensation based upon the incident that caused your or your loved one’s injuries, contact Regan Zambri Long using our online form or call us at (202) 960-4596 to receive a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your legal options.