When someone else’s negligence or intentionally harmful act causes you partial or total permanent disability, the effects can be devastating. Injuries this severe can cost you your career, your hobbies, and your quality of life. Because injuries resulting in disability can be so debilitating, it is important that you contact a lawyer to assist you in evaluating your case.
A successful personal injury case will compensate you for your medical treatment, lost wages, and other quantifiable financial losses. If you have been partially or totally disabled, you likely have many losses and expenses, such as:
- Loss of career, if the disability prevents you from returning to work;
- Cost of training or higher education to support a career change due to inability to return to normal work duties;
- Caregiver expenses, if you need to have in-home nursing or hygiene care;
- Daycare expenses, if you have minor children and can’t care for them yourself;
- Transportation expenses related to ongoing medical treatment;
- Anticipated medical costs if treatment will be ongoing for years or on a permanent schedule; or
- Hospitalization, rehabilitation, or nursing facility costs.
Your attorney will be able to identify other financial losses and expenses that could be eligible for compensation, and will also seek compensation for your emotional pain and suffering.
Cases involving partial or total disability can be very complex, and there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach. You need an experienced attorney at your side to help navigate the nuances of these cases. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you get the compensation you need and deserve.