World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc., a nonprofit organization devoted to promoting toy safety, has issued its annual list of “10 Worst Toys.” According to “WATCH,” the toys are selected for their potential to cause injury to children.
This year’s list of “10 Worst Toys” includes the following toys, with the safety hazard listed below:
- Go Diego Go Animal Rescue Boat, manufactured by Fisher-Price, Inc.: potential for lead paint ingestion injuries.
- Sticky Stones, manufactured by GeoCentral: potential for choking and internal injuries. If swallowed, these magnetic pieces can move toward each other and potentially cause fatal internal injuries including intestinal perforation or blockage.
- Jack Sparrow’s Spinning Dagger, manufactured by Zizzle: spinning weapon has potential for eye and other impact injuries.
- Dora the Explorer Lamp, manufactured by Funhouse: potential for burns and electric shock.
- Lil “Giddy Up” Horse — Sassy Pet Saks, manufactured by Douglas: potential for ingestion, choking and aspiration due to wooden beads and fibrous hairs that are easily removable by a child.
- Spider Man 3 New Goblin Sword, manufactured by Hasbro: potential for impact injuries from extending sword.
- Hip Hoppa, manufactured by Spin Master Ltd. and Vivid Imaginations Ltd.: potential for head and impact injuries.
- B’Loonies Party Pack, manufactured by Ja-Ru, Inc.: potential for burn injuries and chemical ingestion.
- My Little Baby Born, manufactured by Entertainment, Inc. and Zapf Creations AG: choking hazard from detachable parts.
- Rubber Band Shooter, manufactured by Simple Toys LLC: potential for eye injuries.