Consumers understand the importance of being informed and working with their medical providers in a partnership to obtain the best medical care. Patient Advocacy Resources is a guide to assist consumers in locating resources for a variety of topics. A partial listing of topics and links includes:
- seeking cancer treatment,
- making informed medical decisions,
- questions to ask before having surgery,
- medical record management requirements,
- disability rights laws,
- guide to choosing health care,
- guide to community and online support groups.
Alhtough a number of the topics and guides are specific to the state for which they are written, many of the topics are national in scope and help patients become better informed about their health and medical treatment.