2020 has been unlike any other. Store fronts are closed, Christmas and holiday carolers are nowhere to be found, and some may question if it even feels like the holidays in the air. But, not all holiday hope is lost just yet! There are plenty of holiday fun, COVID-friendly, outdoor socially-distanced activities you and your family can still enjoy. Within the pandemic itself we have seen an influx of creativity. Listed below are some local fun and safe activities.
Socially-Distanced Holiday Fun Activities
- Visiting the National Christmas Tree
- Shopping at the Downtown Holiday Market
- Checking out Crystalline: A Submerge by ARTECHOUSE Experience
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights
- Seeing the National Menorah Lighting: Chanukah on The Ellipse
- Walking around the monuments
- Visiting Mount Vernon
- Taking a family drive to see Christmas lights
If you are unable to get out to any of the socially-distanced activities, a number of virtual events are available. The list below may get you started.
Virtual Holiday Activities
- Macy’s Santaland at Home
- 98th Annual National Christmas Tree Lighting
- Joy Around the World: The Virtual Holiday Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- ACM Kwanzaa Celebration
- Waterskiing Santa
With so many resources such as washington.org, thrillist.com, and mommypoppins.com, the Washington, DC area provides a number of opportunities for safe holiday activities for you and your family. Always check CDC guidelines before participating in activities where other people may be present.
Have a happy and safe holiday season from all of us at Regan Zambri Long!