Regan Zambri Long PLLC
English Español
Call Now 202-960-4596
08/09/17   |   By

Can an Injured Employee Receive Benefits in Addition to Workers Comp?

5 stars

After a construction accident, injured workers may be entitled to a recovery through a workers compensation claim. However, these benefits are limited. In some cases, you may be able to collect benefits in addition to workers comp through a third party claim. In this video, attorney Victor Long explains when you may be able to file a lawsuit against parties other than your employer.
Quite often there are other remedies that are available on a construction site. Your average construction site, particularly a major construction site, has many different subcontractors, along with a general contractor. Based on the law in the United States, the Occupational Safety and Health Act requires that the general contractor have the duty for overall jobsite safety. What that means is that as between the contractors, there should be certain things that are done to make sure that the jobsite is reasonably safe, for the purposes it was intended. Let me give you some examples of what could happen. And based on cases that we’ve actually handled. We were privileged to handle a very unfortunate case where a gentleman was working on the third floor of a building. He was putting in insulation on the building. And he was using a scaffold. While he was walking along the scaffolding. One of the supports for the scaffold was missing. And he fell three stories and was very seriously injured. In a situation like that, you can look to the duties of the other subcontractors as well as a general contractor to see if there was some responsibility. That something like that shouldn’t have happened. If you have a legal concern, we’d very much like to assist you with it. You can call us at (202) 463-3030. We’re also available on the internet at

Regan Zambri Long
Share This Article
Tagged ,


Schedule a Free Consultation

Have you or your loved one sustained injuries in the Washington DC area or the surrounding counties? Regan Zambri Long PLLC has the best lawyers in the country to analyze your case and answer the questions you may have.

Call 202-960-4596
  • Please do not send any confidential or sensitive information in this form. This form sends information by non-encrypted email, which is not secure. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Back to Top