A recent article posted on WebMD noted the increased popularity of tattooing among younger individuals. Given this increase, it becomes important to have a clear understanding of the procedure and the risks involved. When thinking about getting a tattoo, here are a few things to consider:
- Choose a facility carefully. Make sure the establishment is licensed in tattooing.
- Keep your tattoo simple. Smaller tattoos are easier to remove should you desire to do so.
- Insist that you view the tattoo artist remove sterile instruments from the envelope.
- Make sure that the tattoo is placed in an appropriate location on your body. If you should decide to have a tattoo removed a scar could be visible.
- If you experience a great deal of redness or soreness, contact a physician immediately.
For more information about safety issues regarding tattoos, please visit the Mayo Clinic website.