Salvatore J. Zambri
"Trial Lawyer of the Year"
One of "Washington's best -- most honest and effective -- lawyers" and a "Big Gun" and among the "top 1%" of all Metro area attorneys
One of the "Best Lawyers in America" in both medical malpractice and personal injury law
Salvatore Joseph Zambri, a founding member and senior partner at Regan Zambri Long, PLLC, is a premier consumer justice attorney, who dedicates his practice to representing seriously injured victims of medical negligence, truck and automobile collisions, wrongful death, defective products, work-related injuries, and other catastrophic injury matters. Mr. Zambri is board-certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Selected by his peers, Mr. Zambri served as President of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C. and is President of the American Board of Trial Advocates -- associations that consist of the leading trial lawyers in the Washington metropolitan area.
Mr. Zambri is repeatedly acknowledged as one of the most effective and honest trial attorneys in the nation. He has written and lectured extensively in the field of personal injury law, and he is regularly sought after by local and national attorneys to give seminars on how to effectively litigate serious personal injury cases. In addition to teaching lawyers, he has also been an Adjunct Professor of Law, having taught Advanced Federal Civil Practice and Procedure. Mr. Zambri is routinely asked by television, radio, and print media to present expert opinions about hot-topic areas of law. He has received many awards and honors for the results he has achieved for his clients, and has been nominated and selected for many leadership positions given his expertise and experience.
Mr. Zambri devotes a substantial amount of time to pro bono and charitable community activities. His mission is shared by his firm: obtain justice for the injured and safety improvements for all Americans.
Click Here to view some of Mr. Zambri's notable Results.
Experience and Recognitions:
- One of the "Top 10" attorneys out of more than 80,000 lawyers (DC Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014);
- "Trial Lawyer of the Year 2011", selected by the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.;
- Over 20 years of Civil Trial Experience in all Washington Metropolitan area courts;
- Board-Certified Civil Trial Attorney, National Board of Trial Advocacy - recognized as an attorney with special knowledge, skill, experience, and proficiency;
- Past-President of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, DC;
- President, American Board of Trial Advocates (2014 - );
- Recognized as among the "top 100" attorneys (out of more than 80,000) in the metro area by Super Lawyers Magazine (2012-2014);
- Selected as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in both medical malpractice and personal injury law by Best Lawyers (2012-2014) -- widely regarded as the definitive guide to the leading lawyers in the country;
- "DC Super Lawyer", Super Lawyer Magazine (2009 - 2014) - a publication that rates the best (top 5%) lawyers that practice in the DC area;
- A "Big Gun" and among the "Top 1%" of the more than 80,000 attorneys that practice law in the Metropolitan area (Washingtonian Magazine, 2007, 2011-2013);
- One of "Washington's best -- most honest and effective -- lawyers" (Washingtonian Magazine, 2007);
- "AV Preeminent Rated" (most superior rating), Martindale-Hubbell -- recognition by peers as "best in both legal ability and ethical practice";
- "Who's Who in America", (Strathmore, 2000 -);
- "Who's Who in America", (Continental, 2010);
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law--taught Advanced Federal Practice and Procedure;
- Past Chair, Tort Law Section of the DC Bar Association (elected by peers);
- Lectures to doctors, medical students, lawyers and students regarding medical malpractice litigation, patient safety, and medical errors;
- Lectures attorneys and law students regarding "How to Litigate in DC Superior Court and Local Federal Courts";
- Authored many publications regarding civil trial practice;
- Authored chapter of nationally renowned book regarding product liability litigation;
- Elite record of notable case resolutions and trial successes.
- Serious personal injury and wrongful death cases;
- Truck, bus, and other automobile collisions;
- Medical malpractice, birth injuries, medical errors;
- Cerebral palsy and Erb's palsy cases;
- Nursing home and assisted living facility cases;
- Drug litigation;
- Defective and unsafe product claims;
- Construction accidents and other premises liability cases;
- Work accidents and workers'-compensation claims;
- Burn injury claims;
- Drowning claims;
- Other serious personal injury actions.
In addition to his active trial practice, Mr. Zambri takes a leadership role in the legal community and community at large, educating people about their rights and promoting safety in a variety of ways, such as the following:
- Presentations to local schools and PTSAs regarding consequences of distracted driving;
- Makes and delivers meals to local shelters twice each month;
- Coaches sports teams for kids for past 10 years;
- President, Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan, DC (TLA-DC, 2007);
- Executive Committee Member, TLA-DC (2003-2007);
- Board Member, TLA-DC (1999-2007);
- Past-President, TLA-DC (since 2007, lifelong position);
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates;
- Active Member, American Association for Justice (1992- );
- Actively lobbies City Council and federal government for laws that protect citizens and make communities safer;
- Co-Chair, Tort Law Section Steering Committee of DC Bar Association (2000);
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar Presenter;
- Founder, Martin Luther King Memorial Foundation;
- Founding Member, National Campaign for Tolerance (co-chaired by Rosa Parks and Morris Dees);
- Founding Member, Southern Poverty Law Center;
- Lectures at local schools, educating teens and parents about distracted driving;
- Pro bono counsel for the elderly and underprivileged;
- Pro bono counsel for victims and their families of the September 11 terrorist attack;
- Awarded: "Outstanding Service Provider" by DC Church Association for Community Services;
- Family devotes time to assist teen mothers and at-risk children in metropolitan area;
- Coaches several sports teams for children and promotes health and safety.
- Juris Doctorate (JD), George Washington University Law School, 1992
- President, Moot Court Board
- Nominated Laws School's Best Negotiator
- Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy Major), The College of William and Mary, 1989
- NCAA Academic All-American for outstanding achievement in athletics and academics
- Division I College Wrestler
- Virginia State Championship Wrestling Team
Washingtonian Magazine (December, 2007 - 2013) named Mr. Zambri a "Big Gun" and among "the top 1%" of all attorneys in the Washington area (out of a total of more than 80,000 lawyers). The magazine also describes Mr. Zambri as one of "Washington's best -- most honest and effective -- lawyers" whose practice includes personal injury matters. He is a board-certified civil trial attorney by the National Board of Trial Advocates, having demonstrated special knowledge, experience, skill and proficiency as an attorney.
Mr. Zambri been repeatedly named by Super Lawyers magazine as among the top 100 of all lawyers practicing in the metropolitan D.C. area (out of more than 80,000 attorneys). In 2014, Super Lawyers named him one of the "Top 10" attorneys in all of Metro Washington, D.C. His selection was made following a rigorous screening process that assessed the background, credentials, and experience of all lawyers in the D.C. area.
Mr. Zambri is a graduate of the George Washington University National Law Center, and is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of the District of Columbia, Maryland, New York and New Jersey. Additionally, Mr. Zambri is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States of America. He was one of the founding attorneys of the firm which opened its doors in January of 1997.
Throughout his career, Mr. Zambri has dedicated his practice exclusively to protecting the rights of those who have been severely injured due to the wrongdoing of others. In doing so, Mr. Zambri has participated in the litigation of several successful, large-scale medical malpractice, automobile accident and products liability claims against medical doctors and facilities, manufacturers of dangerous products, trucking companies, property management companies and others. As a result of his experience and expertise, Mr. Zambri has obtained many large jury verdicts and settlements, earning him a national reputation for excellence.
Mr. Zambri obtained his undergraduate degree in the Commonwealth of Virginia at the College of William and Mary where he was awarded Academic All-American, honoring his outstanding academic and athletic achievements. While receiving his legal education at the George Washington University National Law Center, Mr. Zambri served as President of the Moot Court Board, an honorary organization, whose members consist of those students who exhibited advanced skills in trial advocacy and legal writing. Mr. Zambri was also awarded the school's best negotiator and represented the school in national competition.
Mr. Zambri is often asked to speak at law schools and law sponsored events. Mr. Zambri has been an adjunct professor of law at Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, teaching advanced Federal Practice and Procedure. Mr. Zambri has also been selected on numerous occasions to judge Moot Court competitions at area law schools and courts.
In addition to being a past president of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C., Mr. Zambri was also elected to the Steering Committee of the Injury to Persons and Property Section (now the Tort Law Section) of the District of Columbia Bar Association and served two years as co-chair of that leadership committee. Mr. Zambri also belongs to the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, and the Bar Associations of the District of Columbia, Maryland, New York, and New Jersey. He is also a member of the Italian-American Bar Association.
Mr. Zambri is actively involved in performing pro bono legal services on behalf of the elderly and underprivileged.
Mr. Zambri was born in Long Island, New York and presently lives in the state of Maryland with his wife, their four children, and their Rhodesian Ridgeback.
J.D., George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, DC, 1992
Honors: President, Moot Court Board
Honors: Nominated Law School's Best-Negotiator
B.A., College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1989
Honors: NCAA Academic All-American for outstanding achievement in athletics and academics
Honors: Division I College Wrestler
Honors: Virginia State Championship Wrestling Team
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
District of Columbia Trial Lawyers' Association
Past President since 2008 and Member since 1993; President, 2007-2008; President-Elect, 2006-2007; Executive Committee Member, 2003-; Member, Board of Governors, 1999-; Co-Chair, Membership Committee, 2001-2003
National Board of Trial Advocacy
Member Since: 2010
Board-Certified Civil Trial Attorney
American Board of Trial Advocates
Member Since: 2010
District of Columbia Bar Association, Tort Law Section
Steering Committee, 1999-present; Co-Chair, 1999-2001
District of Columbia Bar Association, Tort Law Section
C.L.E. Coordinator, 2000; Chair of Workers' Comp. Standing Comm., 2001
District of Columbia Bar Association
Member 1993 - Present
Maryland Bar Association
Member 1993 - Present
New York Bar Association
Member 1993 - Present
New Jersey Bar Association
Member 1992 - Present
American Bar Association
Member 1993 - Present
American Association for Justice
Member 1993 - Present, Membership Committee, 2003-present
Italian-American Bar Association
Member 1995 - Present
Professor: Advanced Federal Practice and Procedure, Catholic University Law School, 1998 - 1999
Obtaining Large Jury Verdicts, D.C. Trial Lawyers Association Seminar, 2000
Advanced Workers' Compensation Seminar, National Business Institute, 2001
Effective Use of Day-In-The-Life Videos at Trial, D.C. Trial Lawyers Association Seminar, 2002
Evidence: What You Need to Win, D.C. Bar Association, 2003 Day-In-The-Life Videos: Powerful Visual Evidence, D.C. Bar Association, 2003
Using Life Care Planners to Support Damages, D.C. Bar Association, 2003
Ethics, D.C. Bar Association, 2003
Obtaining Big Verdicts, Business Networking International, 2004
Maximizing Damages, Business Networking International, 2004
Using Life Care Planners to Build Case, Business Networking International, 2004
Cross-Examining Defense Experts, D.C. Trial Lawyers Association Seminar, 2004
Effective Trial Tactics, Business Networking International, 2005
"A Day in the Life of Your Client - Videos can bring an injured plaintiff's struggles into the courtroom", published by Legal Times on March 28, 2005.
"Is There Really a Medical Malpractice Litigation Crisis?" - Georgetown University Medical School, February, 2006 - 2008.
"Constantly Preparing to Win," Product Liability Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Aspatore Books (2007).
"Maximizing Recoveries Through Settlement Videos", Workhouse Seminar, Maryland Association for Justice, 2010.
Past Employment Positions
Koonz, McKenney, Johnson & Regan, Attorney, 1992 - 1996
Pro Bono Activites
Law Counsel for the Elderly, 1994 - Present
1967, Brookhaven, New York, United States of America