Paul J. Cornoni
Paul Cornoni has recently been named Partner at Regan Zambri Long, PLLC. Over the past several years, he has helped many families recover significant monetary funds. The settlements and verdicts have helped his clients attempt to put their lives back together after horrific events, such as automobile accidents, drownings, fires, product defects, medical negligence, bus accidents and wrongful imprisonment.
Paul has made new law in many areas that benefit the community. He has obtained important decisions in different types of cases including: defective products; bus and auto accidents, wrongful imprisonment, and police misconduct.
Paul has litigated several successful claims on behalf of his clients, including two recent cases noted in Metro Verdicts Monthly. A recent case was also mentioned in the Washington Post. As a result of these efforts, Paul has recently been appointed to the Board of Governors of the District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association.
When not practicing law, Paul, his wife Vanessa and their daughter, enjoy volunteering in the community with the PAL organization. This organization focuses on providing services to the elderly. Here is a picture of the Cornoni's at a recent event.
The following is a list of recent accomplishments that Paul has earned:
- A $4.25 Million settlement on behalf of a man who suffered a brain injury as a result of an automobile collision.
- A $4.2 Million jury verdict for a patron of a DC nightclub who was attacked and severely beaten as he exited the nightclub.
- A $3.9 Million settlement on behalf of a woman who suffered a traumatic brain injury due to an automobile accident.
- A $3,700,000 settlement in a product liability case on behalf of a family that suffered numerous injuries due to a tragic house fire in Maryland.
- A $775,000 jury verdict on behalf of a Major League Baseball umpire who suffered permanent injuries to his jaw and ear as a result of a product defect.
- A $3,400,000 settlement on behalf of a college student who suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of an automobile collision.
- A $2,950,000 settlement for the estate of a woman who was tragically struck and killed by a bus.
- A $2,750,000 settlement for a woman, a pedestrian, who suffered a degloving injury to her leg when she was struck by a bus in a crosswalk.
- A $2,125,000 settlement on behalf of a woman who suffered numerous physical injuries due to toxic mold exposure.
- A $1,887,500 settlement on behalf of two men who were wrongfully imprisoned for a murder they did not commit.
- A $1,250,00 settlement on behalf of the estate of a small child who drowned at a swimming pool located in an apartment complex.
Click here to view additional settlements and verdicts.
Prior to practicing law, Paul attended Boston College and then received his J.D. with honors from the George Washington University Law School.
While at Boston College, Paul was a scholarship member of the Men's Division I Soccer Team, where he was selected team captain for several seasons and was a four time winner of the Big East Conference Academic All-Star Award.
Paul was the 1999 recipient of the Tom McElroy Award, an award given to the student athlete at Boston College who best represents the ideals of character, leadership, and achievement.
Paul is a member of numerous professional and civic organizations, including, the American Association for Justice, the District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Boston Bar Association, the District of Columbia Bar Association, the Maryland Bar Association and the Boston College Alumni Association.
Bar AdmissionsMassachusetts, 2003
District of Columbia, 2004
U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 2004
JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2003
BA, Boston College, 2000
Big East Conference Academic All-Star 1996-2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
District of Columbia Bar Association
Maryland Bar Association
American Association for Justice
District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association
Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
American Bar Association
Boston College Athletic Alumni Association